The All in 1 Tool for the Traveling Techs, Power Geeks and the Serious Home User
A Complete Collection of over 1000 Tech Related Programs, not including all the programs from SysInternals and NirSoft as well (~280), all accessible from one Menu Launcher Utility. There’s even a feature to update all the programs automatically to ensure every program is the latest version, all contained on a Flash Drive for travel. There’s over 500 individual Windows 10 Registry configuration settings you can change right from within the program. You can elevate the program to Admin on the fly when the situation calls for it. Over 500 web links and helpful documents for various Tech Related repairs. I do all the research so you don’t have to, making sure all the latest and greatest tools available are included.
Instructions for first time users
Once the donation has successfully been completed, you’ll be added to the mailing list for all future releases of the toolkit. When you receive the link for the toolkit and have successfully downloaded, you’ll be presented with the GeGeek Installer named GeGeekInstaller.exe.
When you run the Installer you’ll be presented with the first screen
When the above window has finished loading, tick the box and you’ll be able to press Next to Continue.
The second screen looks like this:
On the screen above please enter your Forum Username, PayPal Email Address and your Serial Number (Information on the serial will be attached to the email), Click Install once all fields have been filled out.
On the third screen a window will popup, this is a link to a website. Please make sure to read the above information and press OK.
Once finished you’ll be presented with the last window.
On the last screen if you click Run this will load the batch file to open Ketarin, if not just click Finish. Ketarin is used to open the database and display a list of all the applications which need to be downloaded in order to work.
On your desktop you’ll see an icon of the letter G like the example below.
Double click this icon and you’ll then see the same icon floating on your desktop, when you left click this icon you’ll see the following menu appear
Once this screen is visible, we now need to update the applications, to do this we need to load Ketarin. Proceed to this location with the Red Dot and click on Update Ketarin Applications
This will now load Ketarin.
When Some Ketarin Updates Fail
Should some updates fail, I would first manually check to see if the link is still valid. Could just be a temporary situation. Sometimes the site is down for maintenance, the url has changed, major version change, etc, etc.
Some programs keep updating every time I run Ketarin?
Please note that some programs, are by design, going to update every time you run Ketarin.
The download filename⁄size didn’t change, yet the program version # did. To ensure I always have the latest version of these programs I simply download them again. Just to be sure. There may have been other factors as well that I have run across for doing this, so don’t think this is an issue. This was by design. Which is why I recommend updating only once per week. No need to update more frequently than that anyway.
Rescue Disks Disabled by Default
These are large downloads and do not need to be updated frequently. Consequently I Disabled them by default and you need to enable them for the download to be allowed. See below…. In Ketarin double click the rescue disk(s) you want to be able to download and enable it.
Then just click OK.
WSCC and NirSoft Utility Suites Included
Also included in the kit are the WSCC which contains both NirSoft and Sysinternals Utility Suites. That gives you every possible program you could ever need between my toolkit and their utilities. With WSCC you have to run the update option from time to time. I update the main core program for you.
The Tech Shop Docs
I’ve included these docs when you are without internet access and need a repair⁄reference procedure with specific commands outlined.
When working in the field, as many a time we are called to do, it’s nice to have access to your notes, or favorite websites. I’ve included an Admin section for the field tech to remotely access critical info.
Updated November 2017
Please follow the instructions below when using the toolkit ⁄ obtaining the toolkit from a misplaced or lost toolkit.
Microsoft .NET Framework required for SyMenu!
1. Make sure that you’ve backed up your current version in the event of an error, critical crash or some other issue. Make backups of the toolkit installer.
2. Download the main GeGeekInstaller – Every Email contains the Download link, the link sometimes wont say download, this is to make sure that you’ve red the email and understand the steps you need to take before just diving in.
3. Follow the instructions as described above to install the toolkit
4. When all the applications have finished – Close Ketarin and the GEGeek Toolkit. Then Relaunch the Toolkit and Test. Precautionary. Note: Should some programs fail to download you can manually force a download. You can either select the file manually by holding the control key and choosing the files that have failed, then simply right click and Force Download or click the Status (See Red Mark Below) this will sort the applications which have failed making it easier to select and perform a Force Download.
5. Once you’ve successfully downloaded the toolkit you may optionally copy the entire contents of the toolkit to the root of a USB Drive and once per week run Ketarin to check for an updates.
6. If problems ⁄ issues persist please shut down ALL Security Programs and try the whole process again. There are advanced tech tools included that sometimes trigger Antivirus programs and will interfere with the update. It’s also recommended to White List the entire GEGeek_Toolkit directory.
Note: Most questions are answered on the site’s web page if you just read the entire page. Please read all the instructions here first before reaching to out me for any Q&A. It’s just that I get so many of the same questions and I answered them all there, with pictures 😉
If you need to download the toolkit again, either use the current download link in your email or just wait for the next release to be sent to your email. In some cases people often report that they’ve not received any toolkits sent to there email, if you’ve changed your email, I highly recommend reviewing your last toolkit email and scrolling to the bottom of the email and updating your email preferences. It could be something as simple as you changed your email and the old email is still being used. Sending an email to us requesting us to change the email takes a considerable amount of time and the process can take upto 7 days and also incurs a $59.95USD charge. People telling us that there toolkit was corrupted, not once in the last few years have I seen the toolkit get corrupted. If you need to obtain the toolkit follow the steps above, otherwise refer the the charge fee. Thank you.